Apply for a Safe Places to Play Grant
In order to apply for a Safe Places to Play grant, you will need to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) to the U.S. Soccer Foundation's Grants Department. LOIs will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Directions for Submitting a Letter of Inquiry (LOI)
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Safe Places to Play Grant LOI" that includes all required information and documentation, outlined below. You will receive a response that includes an invitation to complete the Foundation's full grant application or a brief explanation for why your organization was not selected to proceed.
- Your email must contain the following information:
- Organization name and location
- Indicate what type(s) of funding your organization is requesting (Synthetic Turf, Lighting, Irrigation, Sport Court) as well as the level of funding requested. You may request funding in multiple categories in a single grant cycle.
- Documentation of tax-exempt status
- Construction timeline including completion date
- Project budget from the appropriate Foundation partner:
- Please attach a one-page description of the project, including who the field will serve, why the community needs the field and the current funding/planing status of the project. This attachment must be a Word document and must be double-spaced.
After submitting an LOI, organizations will receive one of two responses:
- An invitation to complete a full application, which must be submitted by the next application deadline. Please note, the application must be completed online.
- A brief explanation of why an organization was not invited to formally apply (i.e. eligibility issues, does not match Foundation's mission, etc.)